Marking systems are used for the permanent part identification purpose for different industries. Today, the most effective marking system that is available in the market is 'Laser Marking'. It is one of the fast marking machines available and it can be used even with hardest metals like carbides. The quality assured by Laser Marking is comparatively very high. High accuracy laser marking small items achieves rapid set up. It minimize waste and increases throughput. Laser marking are used in dynamic, highly adaptable process for high speed character, logo, graphics, bar code and two dimensional data matrix marking. In addition to that, laser marking and engraving is highly readable and permanent and it discourages tampering. And moreover, they are able to withstand in harsh environmental conditions.
Pad printing is actually a wet process. Here, a three dimensional plastic, rubber, glass, metal or wooden part can be very well decorated. The image is transferred to the part from ink filled etched images in a printing plate by way of silicon pad. Pad printing can successfully decorate three dimensional parts. Extremely, fine detail and tight multicolor registration are readily achievable with pad printing. There are mainly three types of pad printing. They are Single color pad printing, multicolor pad printing and high volume pad printing. With pad printing we can readily achieve fine detail and thick multicolor registration.
Ultrasonic welding is an industrial technique. Here, high frequency ultrasonic acoustic vibrations are locally applied to work pieces being held together under pressure to create a solid state weld. This method is commonly used for plastics and especially for joining dissimilar, shapeless materials. The most important advantage about this ultrasonic welding is that, there is no need of any connective bolts, nails, soldering materials or adhesives which are commonly used to bind two parts together. Automation systems The word automation means the use of control systems and the use of technology to reduce human efforts in the fields of production of products and services. In the scope of industrialization, automation is a step beyond industrialization. Whereas mechanization provided human operators with machinery to assist them with the muscular requirement of work, automation greatly decreases the needs for human sensory and mental requirement as well. There are numerous automation tools available nowadays.
Different types of automation tools are:
1) ANN (Artificial Neural Networks)
2) DCS (Distributed Control Systems)
3) HMI (Human Machine Interface)
4) SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition
5) PLC (Programmable Logic Controller)
6) PAC (Programmable Automation Controller)
8) Motion control
Advantages of automation
1) Replacing human operators in tasks that in involves hard physical work.
2) Replacing humans in tasks that should be done in dangerous situations.
3) Automation helps do tasks that are beyond human capabilities like handling or carrying heavy loads, machineries, carrying too hot or cold objects.
Disadvantages of automation
1) Limitation of technology.
2) The developmental cost is too high and it is unpredictable too.
3) Initial costs are relatively high.